VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to add decaf green tea into my diet. I have an entire box of the Salada brand and I might look into loose teas once I'm done with the box. Anyway I have a few questions<br><br>
1. I read that too much green tea can cause kidney stones. That's not something I'm interested in dealing with. Lol how common is this negative affect in over-consumption? And what qualifies as "too much" green tea? I've read that 4-6 cupsa day gives optimal benefits. So I'm like, damn how much is too much? I really need to know<br><br>
2. Piggy backing off of my first question, how much green tea should you drink daily? I've read 4-6 cups but will you get the health benefits with fewer cups a day? Also, are these teacup measurements or 8 oz. cups? Is there a difference?<br><br>
3. Is it true that drinking it with meals interferes with absorption of nutrients in food, so you should drink it in between meals? How long after/before eating should you drink the tea so it wont mess with nutrients from food?<br><br>
4. Should you prepare it a certain way? Is it true that you should only heat the water and not boil it?<br><br>
5. Any other tips or things I should know about green tea?<br><br>
Oh and how difficult is it to deal with loose teas? I don't even know where to start with that...is there any benefit to loose teas, opposed to store bought bagged tea

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Loose tea taste better in my opinion. Also, some tea brands could have questionable things in the actual bag that could possibly leech into the water.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
yup 4-6 cups a day is the recommended amt for optimal results. I make a liter a day, and take it to work with me and drink it as iced tea.<br>
I didnt' know there were any adverse effects, but I don't drink more than 4 cups anyway.<br><br>
I make a regular sized coffee cup of water, microwave it for 1.5 minutes, and then add two or three tea bags, and just let it steep.<br><br>
I buy the boxed national brands most of the time, but I do like the loose green teas too....just a little bit messier. You can buy the screened tea holders and you put the dry tea in them, then let that steep in the water.<br><br>
My favorite green tea is the Lipton's orange passionfruit jasmine.....especially cold!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts