·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post

I have filled it in
Thank you!
4 people who already filled it in, which is great progress considering the short time between my posting it and getting feedback from it.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Done! Although I'm not quite sure where the 'good vegetarian' part comes in. You can be a good or bad anything.

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
Yeah that was my question too, what does it have to do with good or bad? I don't see it in the questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks to all who are taking part, I'm getting a better response then I thought I would in regards to completed questionnaires.

I'm hoping to get 50 completed questionnaires, to help me understand why other vegetarians decided to become vegetarians themselves.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightyard View Post

Many thanks to all who are taking part, I'm getting a better response then I thought I would in regards to completed questionnaires.
We're a generally nice bunch and like helping folks out with these sorts of things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity_thief View Post

"are you a good vegetarian"

I hope I passed

Anyway completed for you
many thanks. still need a further 35 samples, big thanks to all who have already completed

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post

Yeah that was my question too, what does it have to do with good or bad? I don't see it in the questions.
Yeah, I was looking for the checkbox that said "I am eeeeevil", but I didn't see it.

And I hate to be critical, but I wasn't overly impressed with the wording of the questions in general. For instance, having a question about why people went vegetarian without including an option for animal lovers. And the "Do you think you get enough protein?" thing just plays into a bad cliche - there are a couple of nutrients that veg*ns really do have to worry about a little (B12), but protein's really not one of them. Also, you asked about negative health issues since going veg, but you didn't ask about positive health changes, which seem to be much more common.

--Fromper

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

And I hate to be critical
I on the other hand love to be critical, to be blunt I can't imagine any university professor accepting this.

On the first question, I as a vegan wasn't sure which to select. I typed vegan into other but looking at the questions it seems like you would have preferred me to select vegetarian. On the second question you only let us select one of five options (Of which one is other.) which means that you missed out some very obvious reasons like "Support for animal rights," "Love for animals," (Those two should be distinct.) and "Objecting to using crops wastefully." You neglect to ask how long one has been a vegetarian, someone like me who has been vegetarian for less than a month saying that they've not experienced health issues says far less than someone who has been a vegetarian for more than a decade saying that they've not experienced health issues. And on the health questions, there are more issues than protein. For example asking if they think they have a healthy diet would be the obvious question and if not give them options like "Too much protein, too little protein, too little B12,..." and asking if they think that they have received any health benefits from being a vegetarian also seems obvious.

Also you always want to try and lay out the likely options for them to click. It makes it easier to fill in and it makes it easier for you to tabulate later.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice crit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftiness View Post

I on the other hand love to be critical, to be blunt I can't imagine any university professor accepting this.

On the first question, I as a vegan wasn't sure which to select. I typed vegan into other but looking at the questions it seems like you would have preferred me to select vegetarian. On the second question you only let us select one of five options (Of which one is other.) which means that you missed out some very obvious reasons like "Support for animal rights," "Love for animals," (Those two should be distinct.) and "Objecting to using crops wastefully." You neglect to ask how long one has been a vegetarian, someone like me who has been vegetarian for less than a month saying that they've not experienced health issues says far less than someone who has been a vegetarian for more than a decade saying that they've not experienced health issues. And on the health questions, there are more issues than protein. For example asking if they think they have a healthy diet would be the obvious question and if not give them options like "Too much protein, too little protein, too little B12,..." and asking if they think that they have received any health benefits from being a vegetarian also seems obvious.

Also you always want to try and lay out the likely options for them to click. It makes it easier to fill in and it makes it easier for you to tabulate later.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Completed it but I agree with the criticism here. No offense intended to the original poster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensai View Post

Nice crit.
Criticisms noted, it is a poorly put together questionnaire which I didn't really put any thought into, but the question that I am answering in my report has been adequately answered from the responses I have received in the questionnaire.

The only important question in the questionnaire is whether or not the notion of becoming a vegetarian was brought about through self thought or coercion.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

eta: completed

1 - 20 of 39 Posts