VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those who have replied, I needed some opinions and yours have really helped me. I am going to delete it now.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Different strokes.

I probably wouldn't have told them not to post their provoctive pictures. that sounds passive aggressive. People do and say things that I don't agree with (and tend to find annoying) but it's their decision as long as they are not hurting anybody, I move on to the next thing. Unless it's a topic already being discussed or someone makes an assumption about me or my opinion about things, then I will voice my opinion before moving on.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I think most people would understand that the internet is a public forum and if they're happy to take the risk, then why not?

Then again, some people are also pretty dumb.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Different strokes.
This. It's personal preference and they will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Personally, I'm a fan of modesty and probably would've done or thought the same as you. You're not repressed IMO, you just have a different set of values. Also, women can be beautiful at any size so I hope you're not too hard on yourself.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

This. It's personal preference and they will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Personally, I'm a fan of modesty and probably would've done or thought the same as you. You're not repressed IMO, you just have a different set of values. Also, women can be beautiful at any size so I hope you're not too hard on yourself.
Well stated, I agree 100%.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Thank you Rhys, that is very kind of you. Perhaps it is just not a good place for me anymore as I feel that I have to look a certain way. I dont know.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I think most people would understand that the internet is a public forum and if they're happy to take the risk, then why not?

Then again, some people are also pretty dumb.
That was the thing as well. It was hard to be sure that people did understand the risks.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
For the record, me and the other admins are planning on kicking a few people out for that behavior. When I started the forum, it was supposed to be about Matlock episodes only. I dunno why a bunch of perverts decided to join and inject nude photos in the middle of a discussion on the screenplay for season 4 episode 3.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Thank you Rhys, that is very kind of you. Perhaps it is just not a good place for me anymore as I feel that I have to look a certain way. I dont know.
I think if you are feeling uncomfortable, unwelcome, and frustrated with the place then it might be best to distance yourself from them and leave them. I had to do this with two message boards in the past because they became more harm to me than good. It sucks and it's sad but when a place where I once felt like I had "belonged" turned into a place that made me feel bad about myself and like an outcast then I knew it was time to say good bye.

As for the naked pic: Personally I think it's way too risky to put pics like that out there on the web but whatever. They are adults and have a right to do stupid ****.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

For the record, me and the other admins are planning on kicking a few people out for that behavior. When I started the forum, it was supposed to be about Matlock episodes only. I dunno why a bunch of perverts decided to join and inject nude photos in the middle of a discussion on the screenplay for season 4 episode 3.
Matlock perverts?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I think if you are feeling uncomfortable, unwelcome, and frustrated with the place then it might be best to distance yourself from them and leave them. I had to do this with two message boards in the past because they became more harm to me than good. It sucks and it's sad but when a place where I once felt like I had "belonged" turned into a place that made me feel bad about myself and like an outcast then I knew it was time to say good bye.

As for the naked pic: Personally I think it's way too risky to put pics like that out there on the web but whatever. They are adults and have a right to do stupid ****.
Yes thanks for this post. I think perhaps this is what it is coming to, I just dont feel comfortable there any more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts