VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think its one of those things where technically you should be able to sue in tort, but only if you can prove that you suffered some kind of damage (i.e. pshycological to the extent of it needing treatment; being upset isn't enough, or if it triggered an alergic reaction) so usually nothing comes of these things. If you dont have such damage, the best you can do is return it to the store, and demand your money back (which you are entitled to). The only exception to this might be if the company deliberately labeled as vegetarian a food which it was aware wasn't, in order to boost trade, in which case there might be a case for puniative damages.

Really the best thing to do about it is complain to the company, and if they dont appologize then try to organize some kind of product boycot. I wouldnt boycot heinz over one misplaced chunk of beef, but if it seemed to be a regular occurence, or if they had labled soup as veg when it contained animal gelatine, I would be happy to join you in protest until they stopped doing it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts