VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
It's certainly not a priority for me... but I do find myself attracted to those who do have some sort of tan. I suppose it comes from being an outdoorsy type of person myself and generally, those who spend a lot of time outdoors have some sort of tan.

Of course, where i am... as the saying goes... we don't tan, we rust.

I'd say for me... its' probably a 5.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Depends on the type of person in general (her overall look and lifestyle, and the way she dresses), her ethnicity, and the time of year.

Assuming for the moment that she's caucasian, physically active and outdoorsy, dresses somewhat carefree, and it's summer, I'd expect a moderate tan, even with extensive use of sunscreen, and I think on a subconscious level I'd find it more attractive than someone that fits the entire description that isn't at all tan, but only just.

There's a girl I met recently who's very tan, and her bronze skin does look nice for whatever reason, but I don't think she's attractive in any other way.

This is to say that a tan won't make or break a person. And if I guy is interested in a woman for something so fleeting as tan skin, then that's something a woman shouldn't want anyway.

·
Banned
559 Posts
wait, i ain't no guy. but i have to admit i dont really love being pale. luckily (for me cause i prefer it), i have some native american in me and rarely have the really pale thing going on. i can sit outside for an hour and have more of a tan than most people get after actually laying out all summer, heh.

ive never gone to the frekain tanning bed or anything. nasty. ew. gross. yuck. when i juice a lot and am eating pounds of carrots a day i well, i turn orange and then i look even darker. it's amusing. it doenst look unnatural or anyhing though.

i'm blessed in the fact that i don't burn either. that's always nice.

however, turn the question around and i couldnt care less if my guy is pale or not...granted of course if he looks transparent and dying, i would be turned off a bit for health reasons.

once again, i'm no male, why'd i answer then? damn me!

·
Registered
0 Posts
0 for me. A tan can make people look healthy for all the wrong reasons. Skin cancer is not a good look.

Also, if it's a tan as a result of frequent visits to a salon you know her skin's going to look like a walnut by the time she's 40.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Can't really pick a number here.

I like both white skin and tanned skin. If tanned, I like sporty-tanned, or genetically tanned (like mediterrenaen [sp]).

I certainly DON'T like the unhealthy looking exaggerated tans of some fitness chicks (along with their sixpacks).

OTOH, I know that many women dig "dark" guys - black hair, tanned skin. I'm very white and (dark-)blonde myself, so I must know!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.