VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a food business and they use a lot of cardboard, paper, plastic gloves & bags, and a decent amount of containers. They just throw everything in the dumpster, but is there a way to recycle these things? I know the containers, bottles and cans can be recycled, but what about the paper stuff on a larger scale?

I'm kind of confused, even after checking out some websites, some guidance or help is appreciated.

11,550 Posts
check with your local area refuse or garbage collection agency (maybe look them up in the yellow pages?)- i would think they should offer separate pick-ups for recyclable products, including paper, and plastics, for businesses, as well as residentially.

Your dad might have to separate these things out though, and bundle them up in specific sized amounts, in order for it to be collected for recycling- if he's not keen on the extra work, you could always volunteer to help out with the task.

this site looks helpful:

http://nyc.gov/html/nycwasteless/htm...sinesses.shtml

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be willing to set up the stuff to recycle, I work there anyway. :p

I was just confused to who would provide the bins and stuff. I keep finding information for the city, but we don't live in the city.

I'll try checking out the yellow pages though. :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Many communities have community recycling centers, but you usually have to sort the materials yourself and bring them to the center. That's what I do - our center is about 30 miles away, so we save things up for several months (or years).

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
For the cardboard, you may be able to find some scrap/paper company that's willing to come and collect it. I'm not sure about the plastic bags/gloves though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.