VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know honey is verbotten on the vegan diet, but I've been looking at some raw cookbooks that use honey. Is there a difference? Is honey okay on a raw diet? Please help, I've been replacing honey with maple syrup for the time being. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I guess honey would be part of a raw diet, but not of a vegan raw diet.

Reactions: Purp

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe a more realistic humane approach would be to use Bee Products very sparingly as a medicine and never as a sweetener to be explored/exploited. Thanks for the article link Michelle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A vegan product is a non-animal product and honey is an animal product. Regardless if the animals are well treated or the harm to nature is little. Just because an animal product is ecological, or no exploitation to animals, doesn’t make it vegan by defintion.
Nonetheless, what you regard to be okay for your own ethics is something else. I also heard the discussion, if you are vegan and adopt hens and they lay eggs. Do you throw them away or eat them if no cock is there to fertilize? I think this comes down to subjective preferences but it doesn’t make the product vegan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts