VeggieBoards banner

question about nutritional yeast

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tofu-N-Sprouts 
#1 ·
i tried to make a "cheese" sauce with yeast flakes........i could taste that distinct "taste" it has and i hated it.........

so my question is........i have a ton of recipes that call for yeast, but i always leave it out even though i have it here.......does its flavor always peek thru in recipes? or is it masked? i am leary to put it in anything else for fear i will be able to taste it and get
again!

See less See more
#6 ·
It seems there's a love-hate thing with nutritional yeast, as someone else observed.

However, I also think there is a dramatic taste difference between brands, but since there's no accounting for individual tastes, I won't recommend which brand I prefer.

Here's what I tell people to do: Buy some Nutritional Yeast, and if, after several tries or recipes, you still don't like it, try another brand, you might be suprised. Or, you may find you don't care for it, regardless of brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.