VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if i put this in the right forum, but anyway.

I just read the 21 reasons for being veg post, great info!

I didn't become Veg til college, I grew up in a very big meat eating family,

so i am curious, i know we hear all about hormones and antibiotics in meat and what effect that may have on people down the road in the future, so does anyone know if way back when i was growing up in the 70's did they put that junk in meat back then too?

I became veg in the 80's in college, just wondering how much of that crap i ingested back then before i went veg...........it sickens me to even think of it.

I know it doesn't really matter now, but i just got curious thinking of it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I grew up on a dairy farm. (Funny, right? Especially since I finally figured out how allergic to dairy I am 4.5 years ago!!) I remember my dad talking about the local ag folks trying to get him to inject the cows with this or that... he wasn't in to it and never did. I'll ask him specifically what it was "they" were trying to get him to use and post later on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Regardless of what the animals are being fed or injected, their fat will tend to raise your oestradiol levels - bad news for people with hormone responsive tumors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.