VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pretty new to this Veg lifestyle, and I was cooking a "Veggie Patch Garlic Portabella" burger. (Soy burger)

As I was eating it I looked over the ingredients again and noticed something I hadnt noticed before.

Egg whites!

Doesnt that sort of negate the point of this being a soy burger? Because its supposed to be meatless, why does it contain egg whites?

I'm confused. I cant seem to find any information on the whole vegetarian/egg whites debate (if there is one).

Any comments?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Vegetarians eat eggs, vegans do not. Those burgers are meant to be vegetarian. (Egg isn't meat)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
And a lot of these types of products aren't even aimed at vegetarians or vegans, their main market is health-conscious omnivores.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yes, unfortunately, alot of veggie meat products are just vegetarian but not vegan. Ok, if you vegetarian but not if you are vegan. You have to read labels on those things.

I remember just last week - My boyfriend and I went to get a veggie hotdog at a hot dog place here that has veggie hotdog. Ok, the hotdog is vegan but the bun isn't ...what?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts