VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you supposed to refrigerate it after opening?
I just bought my first jar and must say that it is very tasty!I was getting tired of eating peanut butter all the time!I feed my kids Almond Butter & Jelly sandwiches today and they had seconds!That was a first,believe me!

VM

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
You don't have to. But it will last longer if you do, and taste better longer -- the oil won't go rancid as soon. If you use up a jar in a month, I don't think there is any need to refrigerate. However if it is made from almonds only, and thus tends to separate (into oil and solids), refrigeration will greatly slow down separation.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
I find that refridgerating nut butters is a pain in the butt. They're all hard and cold when you want to eat them! Just buy smaller jars so you can eat them fast enough.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey VeganKittyKat,thanks!I just figured out how to add an avatar.Before,I didnt even know what that word meant!I actually figured out how to do it without even knowing what I was doing!!Go figure!Your avatar is CUTE too.

CharityAJO,I found a way to make it much less of a pain in the rear if you take out the jar and set it on the counter for about 5 min.It will soften enough so that you can spread it easily.Before I figured that out,you should've seen my bread!It was not a pretty site,let me tell ya!!LOL!

*HUGS*

VM

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I refrigerate my nut butters only b/c I'm too lazy to stir the oil back in everytime I want a PB and pickle or tahini and tomato sandwich. I do like Veggiemama and set the jar on the counter for a few minutes first. If I'm making a sandwich to take for lunch, I'll put the nut butter out and then hop in the shower. Works like a dream.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i should try almond butter. it sounds good but it's expensive. anyway you are the most adorable thing ive ever seen.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Aww, I wish these worked with a 4lb jar of PB.

I am a peanut butter FIEND we haven't even had this jar for a month, and a little more than half is gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts