VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm not sure if this applies to anyone else here, but I called Quaker Oats about their Dinosaur Eggs instant oatmeal, with sugar dinosaurs inside sugar eggs, asking if the Confectioner's Glaze was vegetarian or not, and they finally responded:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The confectioner's glaze is made from shellac.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So unfortunately, no, this product is not vegetarian, and especially not vegan.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In case anyone else cared about this product, heh.   I know I did :(</p>

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
<p>Aww, poor beetles. I used to love the dinosaur oatmeal as a kid :(  Good and Plenty uses Carmine too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Weird memory. I remember on a field trip in like 3rd grade to some old time American place and they had a volunteer (me) put on a dress. And then they asked everyone what they thought it was made of. Eventually the lady said crushed up beetles. Funny, how things of the past seem to show up as the things of tomorrow that I choose not to support. o__o<br>
 </p>

·
Registered
64 Posts
<p>That used to be a huge favorite of my mine and my brother's when we were small...sad that something so simple like oatmeal has to have added animal products when it really doesn't have to.  So many companies are pulling stuff like that these days...what's the point?</p>
<p>:/</p>
<p>I didn't even know they still sold the dinosaur egg oatmeal!</p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently stumbled upon a wonderful cookie recipe. I really liked it.

club.cooking/recipe/quaker-oatmeal-cookies/
I think you will like it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts