VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very upset. My cat Justin had kidney disease and was sick for about 6 months. We put him to sleep tonight. Everyone keeps telling me that he is not in pain anymore and the usual. I just miss him so much!!!

We have 6 other cats. Of course my relationship with each of them is very different, I was very close to him, he followed me all over the apartment. He was in my life for almost 8 yrs. I found him on Feb 16, 1999. He was about 2 yrs old when I took him in. I named him Justin because I found him just in time-for his sake and mine. He was starving and stray, and I was going through a very rough time. I was so depressed the day I met him, I was walking around my neighborhood aimless,wondering why I was ever born, and I ran into him. I carried him back home, 6 long city blocks, and put him into the carrier and went to the vet. It was love at first sight! I will never forget him, I am so glad that I have so many wonderful pictures of him!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm so sorry lilliana. I am also very attached to my pets and I was absolutely devestated a few months ago when my ferret, Keek, passed away. I'm sure Justin was a great friend to you and it's important to think about the connection that you had with him. If you need someone to talk to, you're more than welcome to drop me a line.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this. I have a very strong bond with my cat too, so I can totally relate. I agree it doesn't matter how many pets you have, each one is different. I hope that in time, you will be able to remember Justin with fondness and just a tinge of sadness, instead of the fresh grief you are trying to handle now.

Hugs !

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm so sorry - I understand you must be devastated right now. Just try to remember the good times....

If you had not rescued him, just imagine what might have happened. You gave him a second chance and a happy life. I'm sure he will always remember that.

Keep your chin up, it will get less painful with time.

We're all here for you.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Awwwww, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know that I will be devastated when I lose my cat. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and let your other cats be there to console you!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I am so sorry sounds like you and he had a wonderful relationship there is nothing like the cat human bond. I love my feline boys very much.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
That story just makes me cry everytime I read it. I lost my own little boy almost 10 years ago, and I still think of him almost every day. I still have his picture up on my dresser.

Such a unique relationship we had-I'd had the pleasure of his company since I was 8. Still miss him. I did rescue 3 other cats, since, though, and I'm so grateful for their presence in my life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the support. Today was not an easy day. I only need to fill up 6 bowls of food now, that is going to take a while to get used to. My oldest cat Josie(13 yrs) has been walking around the apartment all day, she knows something is up. Thanks again for being there, it is great to hear from people who are animal lovers.

Luv, Lil

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know what you are going through as Ive just had to have my dear old dog Annie PTS. I only had her 15 months as she was abandaned and would have been destroyed if I hadnt have had her. I take comfort in the knowledge she had 15 months of love and care.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts