VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm very happy to learn today that me and the fam will have our very own house soon! My mom is moving and is leasing her current house to us (lease-buy). We'll be moving in August. I'm soooo happy, we'll have a 3 br house with a large semi-finished basement, a small yard and can have as many dogs as we want. I partly grew up in this house (from age 9-10) so I know the house really well.

Here's the only catch- my mom will be moving a block away! Oh well, I love her, but I might not answer the door sometimes!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hey.. congratulations!!!! I know the feeling.. after living in apartments for a long time, I finally got my own house in April. It's such a great feeling.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
definately a big difference living in a house compared to an apartment. we love our little house, it feels more like home than an apartment ever could, and has great history. of course one of the best parts is that the owner lives out of town, we've never even met her.

i hope your arrangement doesn't turn out to be like the show everybody loves raymond.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
YAY!!!!

I lived two blocks from my mother for over 2 years. She'd wave as she drove by, but wouldn't stop in unless invited or she called first. Now that I'm 30 miles I miss her : (

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by punkmommy

Here's the only catch- my mom will be moving a block away! Oh well, I love her, but I might not answer the door sometimes!
the knock could well be freemouse trying to beg for your nacho

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahahaha, My mom's always asked me if I ever saw Everybody Loves Raymond (but she calls it All about Raymond), maybe that's not the best sign! She'll be able to wave to us from her backdoor, oh no!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey Punkmommy, Way to go on the house deal! I bought my first house from my mom and dad...it was my grandma's place. I loved that house cuz it had so many good memories for me, and my dad was born there. It was also where I lived when I had my two kids and I have a lot of special memories of the place because of that. I got a dog around that time too and he is still with us. We don't live there anymore, I rent it...I just couldn't stand to sell it.

Hope you enjoy your new place!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.