VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Together with my wife I own a small restaurant and we love to try new recipes. Since our guests love them, my wife is really eager to write a book about our creations. She already bought a new camera and is learning everything about food- photography. Now the big questions is how to publish our own first book? Do you have any experiences? We have no practical knowledge about this topic and would be happy for every answer!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your stay and have fun :coffee:
Nice avatar, well done.
The book idea sounds good, i wish you all the best with it.
Thank you for the nice welcome!

Hi,
I love cook books, I inherited almost a library from a family member - who was such an amazing cook.
Looking forward to your achievements in publishing yours!
That sounds great! What's your favorite dish to cook? So your family member also published his own books? Are you in contact with him and could maybe ask him about his publishing process? That would be super helpful for us! We also started to contact some authors of our favorite cook books to get in contact and some tips maybe :)

· Registered
5 Posts
My first dish in the morning is banana-sesame paste, I love it! 🎈

Well, no there is nobody in my family who published a cook book, guess I didn´t express myself properly sorry for that.
My fave in vegan cooking classes is via Veecoco. There are cooking courses on Udemy as well, there is much going on in this specific genre.

Are you planning to self publish your cook book? Yes, I guess it´s a great idea to talk to experienced authors and check the options first.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mhhhh your breakfast sounds delicious! Maybe also as topping for some blueberry pancakes.... ;)

Veecoco is great! Sometimes super for new spirit and inspiration!

We tried to gather some information so far. We don't want to do self-publishing. Since we don't have any experience with this process by now, that's too risky and too much work to do. We want to try some traditional publishers- but we heard the chances are not that good. Especially not for cookery books. We got the tip to try it with a service publisher like novum publishing - that would be another option. We have to think about that. But since we are making big steps and our book is becoming real- we are so excited!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts