VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the title should keep the squeamish out!

I was out camping last year and they had outhouses rather than the flush toilets a lot of campgrounds have these days. Anyway, I had to go to the bathroom and so I went into one of these outhouses. Now, I didn't look down first because that's just friggin' nasty, and so I just sat down and went to do my business.

Shame on me for not looking first because there was literally SO MUCH crap in this tank that I got SPLASH BACK. I got splashed with God knows whose bodily fluids from inside the tank.

I wiped so hard I almost took all the skin off my butt and then I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed for ages afterward and STILL felt dirty.

It was terrible.

My recent worse experience was in a Wal-Mart restrooms(they might was well be considered public, AND don't ask what I was doing at 3 am) where there was a HUGE pile of puke in a urinal, just a PALE pile of YUCK, I was gagging!

I don't have a serious phobia of public bathrooms. I won't piss on myself, but if the room is trashed, emergencies are emergencies right?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Humans are dirty nasty creatures.

I work in a building with four women.... FOUR!
One of us is so germophobic that she can't bring herself to sit down to pee, or touch the flushing knob.
I'm pretty sure her balancing acts are what's causing the occasional poop smear on the toilet seat, or period smear down the front.

She's the only one making the bathroom nasty. If she only sat down like the rest of us, there'd be nothing to be afraid of.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
With regards to the camping outhouse, I feel you. But even the worst outhouse beats the dig a hole method...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Why was this thread created? Are we supposed to post pics of the nastiest public restrooms that we come across? Or is VeggieBoards now a blog?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

With regards to the camping outhouse, I feel you. But even the worst outhouse beats the dig a hole method...
I might have to disagree there. I'd MUCH rather dig a hole than have something splash up on me...

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't understand why people are complaining? The title clearly says bathroom, its going to be a bowl movement related thread. Vegans poo at least three times a day... its totally a natural convo topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I might have to disagree there. I'd MUCH rather dig a hole than have something splash up on me...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

Yeah, that's a fair point. I like to be able to sit when I poo, though. Also, I don't like the possibility (however slight it is when you're out in the wilderness) that someone else might walk in on you.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Humans are dirty nasty creatures.

I work in a building with four women.... FOUR!
One of us is so germophobic that she can't bring herself to sit down to pee, or touch the flushing knob.
I'm pretty sure her balancing acts are what's causing the occasional poop smear on the toilet seat, or period smear down the front.

She's the only one making the bathroom nasty. If she only sat down like the rest of us, there'd be nothing to be afraid of.
you should say something. it's very rude to leave the toilet in worse condition than you found it

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
OilPatch, I would like to give you the Veggieboards award for most interesting thread topics. Unfortunately, this award doesn't exist, but if it did, I would give it to you. Bravo.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I think he deserves some award for "ANTI-GRAMMER NAZI MODIFICATIONS" alone. I'm not sure if that's a good award though.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I think he deserves some award for "ANTI-GRAMMER NAZI MODIFICATIONS" alone. I'm not sure if that's a good award though.
I wasn't going to say anything about that, but I noticed it.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts