VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201110114406/

Quote:
THE dead have slammed dishonest psychics for deliberately misinterpreting their vengeful, hate-filled messages.

Psychics like Sally Morgan are either protecting our feelings or not psychic
New psychic research by Roehampton University found that 96% of spirits contacting living relatives basically just want to say all the malicious things they couldn't have gotten away with while actually in a room.

Professor Helen Archer said: "Ghosts have told us that the biggest plus point of being dead is that you are free to speak your mind. You don't have a physical, punchable body plus everyone takes you much more seriously.

This is great

·
Registered
663 Posts
If I ever wind up as a ghost, I would haunt people just to **** with them. I mean you've got to have something to do for fun in all eternity.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Perhaps. But I would have thought that once you cross the rainbow bridge you would reach a feeling of Nirvana and not give a crap about anything that happened on earth. "The school bully? An awesome guy. Cant wait to see him again!"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I know it's satire, but I didn't believe they were talking about an actual person. Then, I looked up Sally Morgan. What a crackpot.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvington View Post

If I ever wind up as a ghost, I would haunt people just to **** with them. I mean you've got to have something to do for fun in all eternity.
Does that mean you wish to be an incubus or succubus in the afterlife?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I know it's satire, but I didn't believe they were talking about an actual person. Then, I looked up Sally Morgan. What a crackpot.
What makes you think it's satire? Sounds on the level to me.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Sometimes I feeling like I want to send abusive messages to psychics for exploiting the emotionally vulnerable. Wankers.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvington View Post

YOMG me too....would be a hoot and a half....thankies for thr info on this.

peace, love and positivity

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Does that mean you wish to be an incubus or succubus in the afterlife?
I'm sure if that option was presented to me I'd seriously consider it.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I know far too many people that are entirely too easily convinced by the never ending gaggle of "psychics" on TV using cold readings, planted actors and every old trick in the book that even a novice scholar of stage magic can see right through.

So while I find this thread hilarious, the comedy is derived from the contrast with the sad fact that so many people are preyed on by charlatans peddling false hope.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hope can only be false if you assume hope itself isn't the point.

Humans suffer from an unfortunate condition in which our finite lives are driven by infinite aspirations. We don't simply achieve something and die like a moth that has mated and laid eggs. We keep going until we are killed or wear out and break down, and our instincts reflect that. The really miserable part is, we know we're going to die. We're smart enough to realize that the end we strive to escape is inevitable, but we retain the desire to go on, because we need it to survive at all. Faced with the desire to overcome reality itself, it's little wonder people are "too easily" convinced by the idea that others have done it successfully.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts