VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I read your whole story, you're really awesome for being so thoughtful and considerate. And, yes, this world isn't a happy peaceful one if you look too closely... so, really you're also brave for wanting to see what's going on behind the scenes. I'm sure if you research enough you'll find even more startling truths... Hm... I am wondering why you went to a farm to see a cow milked.

Some biig advice: Don't feel guilty for eating meat in your past. What's done is done, and what's important is living a better life, not a life of judgment and guilt. Remember, veganism is a philosophy, a respect for life, this includes your own. Welcome to the wonderful world of veganism. ^____^

·
Registered
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I went to the farm when I was very young on a school field trip. I believe I was in Kindergarten, so I don't remember any other specifics. I know there were pigs (they were my favorite animal as a child, I was obsessed with them), but I don't remember much else. Maybe it was a pumpkin patch held at a local farm or something like that.

I'm beginning to realize that I should stop worrying about the past. I can't bring the animals that died for my meals back to life, but I can move forward in living cruelty-free instead. I've never felt this great in my life. Even though I'm understanding terrible things about what happens to others in the world, I just feel happy, peaceful, and determined about trying to make a difference.
If understanding the terrible things about what happens in the world empowers you from knowledge, then congrats, you are a rare breed. Ignorance is bliss, because reality can be a scary thing... it makes us face fears and some of us just don't have the courage to stand up to some of these things.
I wanted to check on that before saying... the school trip that took you to see a cow milk was probably a setup. They'd show you just how harmless milking is for the cow, and that it's actually good for them. The school was probably funded by the milk industry in exchange for the elaborate ruse to program you as a child so you'd grow up drinking what turns out to be a slow-kill food and desensitizing you to cruelty to animals.
Despite my assumptions, I would advocate that you maintain your happy and peaceful outlook. No feelings of guilt, no fears, and no ignorance. You are a strong person for facing these things and a wonderful individual for making the choice for compassion. I know you will find great success in life ^___^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts