VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a Clean eater since March 2010 and have lost 72 pounds. I have another 35 pounds to go. So I have decided to progress to Vegan. After some soul searching for several months I have decided that is for me.

I am a SAHM three kids (7, 5 and almost 3), so I have very little time for myself. But I am trying!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleMonkeys View Post

I have been a Clean eater since March 2010 and have lost 72 pounds. I have another 35 pounds to go. So I have decided to progress to Vegan. After some soul searching for several months I have decided that is for me.

I am a SAHM three kids (7, 5 and almost 3), so I have very little time for myself. But I am trying!
I like how you use the word "progressing"
Good for you! And 72 pounds in a year... that's impressive. Good luck on your journey

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
What's a SAHM?
Check out PCRM website, or the 21 day vegan challange in the general health threads!
Have you read Dr. Neal Barnards books?
Welcome here, and congradulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

What's a SAHM?
Check out PCRM website, or the 21 day vegan challange in the general health threads!
Have you read Dr. Neal Barnards books?
Welcome here, and congradulations!
Sorry, I hang on the Mommy type boards. SAHM = Stay at Home Mom.

I have Dr. Barnards book on request from my library. I read Alicia Silverstone's book Saturday and I am almost finished with Veganism from Kathy Freston. As I have been see titles today I have been adding them to my request list. Then when I get them, if they look like something I should have I will buy them.

Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Welcome 3LittleMonkeys. The world thanks you for going vegan, it is a beautiful way of life.
The more I am reading, the more I know you are right. I also need to set a good example to my children. That is one of the things, well besides my Doctor scaring the heck out of me, motivated me last March. I knew after seeing my Doctor I need to make some drastic changes in my life. Which has led me a year later to this point.

Funny thing. Even my toddler is saying as we go past a McDonald's "McDonald's is junk food. EEEWWWW!" LOL I think I have a smart toddler. Now my 7 and 5 year old I need to work on. My Inlaws aren't helping and it is ticking me off. I am going to put my foot down about them feeding them things I don't think are appropriate. My husband would say something to them with my pushing, but not as strongly as I would. LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Libraries are wonderful! My library kept many of the books I've requested. Get Appetite for Reduction, Isa Moskowitz. You must. It's not a weight loss cookbook, just lower fat, wonderful recipes! You can improvise with it, and it's full of tips. Friendlier than Veganomicon (for me)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Awesome to hear, 3LittleMonkeys!
And congrats on all the weight loss you've had so far.

I also struggled with my weight as a vegetarian, being about 40 pounds overweight at my heaviest, I guess. I lost a good deal of it while remaining vegetarian, but was stuck with about 15 extra pounds until I went vegan. Couple of months after making that change, I've been in my ideal weight range since (for about a year now). My guess is you'll find that making the switch also helps you in losing that extra weight.

And kudos to you for getting your kid to understand that McDonald's is evil!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts