VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Burt's Bees products - most are not vegan and contain some form of an animal product.

I like Ecover products - love their laundry stain stick remover.

I also purchase Method products ... I believe the only ones with animal products are their dryer sheets.

Make-up wise ... this has been hard ... I've tried to start buying all vegan make-up ... what I've done is do some research online then buy products at the health food stores nearby - this has worked so far.

Pretty much anything (esp make-up wise) in a traditional mainstream grocery store will have some form of animal product in it ... you might find a company that doesn't test on animals but they still use dead animals (they label it something that you think - oh that's not an animal product - but it is) in their products. (see http://www.veggieboards.com/articles...ients-list.php)

Just my thoughts ...

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I like stuff from lush, and I LOVE original source. Neither of these are COMPLETELY vegan brands, but they both have a lot of vegan stuff.

I don't wear makeup so I can't help on that.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
A lot of my makeup is from Alima. All their products and brushes are vegan, except the lip balm. I love Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioners, and I use Kiss My Face olive oil soap for body and face. I buy all different body lotion, but lately I've been liking almond or grapeseed oil.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Ecover--washing up liquid, liquid laundry detergent, fabric softener (all refillable locally)

general cleaning--microfibre cloths, vinegar, bicarb of soda, elbow grease, essential oils like tea tree and lavender

toothpaste--Optima brand Aloe Dent WAKE UP--this stuff is seriously minty. It can clear your sinus cavity.

shampoo--we used to use Original source because we loved the vegan logo and the use of real essential oils not artificial fragrence--but it was too harsh and used LOTS of chemicals like parabens which we have decided to avoid. Now we use Avalon Organics. I alternate between lavender and lemon shampoo and Spiderman likes peppermint.

Other personals--like face wash, deodorant, hair gel I make myself and are vegan

Make-up--I make a tinted lip and cheek balm but it still contains beeswax as a holdover from my veggie not vegan days. I am using up my beeswax as I locate a source of either soya wax or candelilla wax. I make a oil absorbing face powder that is vegan that I use in summer as I get seriously shiny and am working on a formula for tinted concealer for under my eyes as during allergy season I am seriously racoonish. But that won't be vegan until I can source other wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.