VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Max - you're not alone dood. I'm the reigning Queen of procrastination at my Uni, even my Lecturers think its hilarious. Myresults for last semester SUCKED because I left some of my assignments till the last minute
The subject I loved I made sure they were all done on time and I got a High Distinction (92% Yay!) and the other two...well lets just say I would have got a similar mark for one if I'd handed in my essays on time - ended up with a high credit and a PASS
. A pass goddamnit! Its the first one I've ever received.
The bastards changed the penalty system from 1 mark a day to 10% (usually about 3 marks).

I've promised myself this semester will be different - yeah right

As for local bands:

Augie March - www.augie-march.com

The Morning After Girls (dunno website
)

Architecture in Helsinki - AWESOME trippy sounds.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

You know what I hate? I hate when people say "oh no, you can't possibly write your best stuff at the last minute..." Non-paper-writing wankers! I work best when I've done a lot of research, have my thesis and outline done ahead of time, but put the writing off 'til the end. Then I hide in the lie-bury for 2 days and bang it the F-out.
Exactly mskedi and max. That's how I work too. Something about stress gets my brain ticking over time. I find if I've had time to revise over and over the writing becomes laboured and usually end up being marked down because of it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

What's also great is how I'll clean the F outta my apartment if I have to do something. It's weird, but I get so much cleaning done when I have a midterm the next day. Like right now, my apt is spotless!
This just proves how much of a dork I am:

Once I had a huge assignment (7-9000 words) due and I'd barely started it so I *gasp* created a database and catalogued ALL of my books and articles - 300+ items. Not just by name and author...oh no, no, no. I now have a library style catalogue including the usual bibliography info PLUS how much the book cost, its ISBN and type (hardcover/softcover) - just in case my house ever burns down, AND which subject/s the book/article comes under.

I'm a geek !

Mind you I still got my essay done that weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts