VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, ew. Has anyone seen the new images from the 3rd Harry Potter movie? I am horribly, terribly, deeply disappointed with the choices for Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, my two favorite characters. Gary Oldman is a fine actor, really, but he is not Sirius Black. No, no, no. See attached image, and you'll understand. Yick.

So, what are all the other HP geeks' opinions?

My Sirius/Remus slash will never be the same.
LL

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
It could be worse. ^^;; Gary Oldman isn't my top pick, certainly, but I think he's a better choice for Sirius than David Thewlis as Remus.

Just picture them differently in your mind when you read RL/SB slash! XD

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Wah...you're not sirius, are you??? (gets fruit thrown at her due to bad pun) That's not how I pictured him at all. We'll *have* to picture them differently if we read RL/SB slash, lol.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a much bigger issue with David Thewlis. *shrudders* I've always pictured Remus as having more pointed features, rather than... all dull... like David. I expected better.

Of course, with Gary Oldman, they could have done better, but I'm by no means a Sirius fan.

My slash pairing isn't as good, either. Wasn't since the first movie came out. *scowls, waving a Severus/Remus banner*

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Snape/Lupin disturbs me only slightly less than Snape/Harry. ^^;;

But I love all my fellow slash fans. XD

Hm. Does anyone know who was cast as Pettigrew?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Timothy Spall plays Peter.

Whenever I look at the pictures of Sirius and Remus, I feel like crying. I bet Warner Brothers chose such. . . well, not-so-hot actors to try to stop the mad slash-writers. XD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ooh...that's just wrong. Sirius was always described as good looking, or as having been good looking when he was younger and nourished and not you know, running from the Ministry. I don't like it one bit.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ooh... anything cross-generation really bugs me. *squirms* Of course, I'm someone who wrote a fanfic for the Dumbledore/Dobby ship. *hangs her head in shame* At least it was only for fun.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Hermione looks like the same actor to me. She's just growing up.

I didn't like the decision to cast Oldman as Sirius from the first moment I heard it. He doesn't look right at all. (This has nothing to do with slash, which is a phenomenon that I simply do not understand and in many cases find quite creepy.)

I can see casting someone who can make Sirius seem scary at first, and Oldman fits the bill there -- but Sirius also needs to become sympathetic later, and I can't see Oldman pulling that off. Maybe I have him type-cast in my mind, but he just doesn't work for me...

I don't know anything about the actor they picked for Lupus, and I never had that strong of a mental image of L. either. But he should look wolfish, and the actor in that photo looks too bland to me.

Feh

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I agree.. Gary Oldman is a good actor, but not as Snape. I just watched the 2nd Harry Potter the other night and I had to laugh when I first heard Ron speak... Whoo someone hit puberty. hehehe

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Tom Felton (the actor who plays Draco) is sixteen now! Only two more years until I can legally lust over him! XD

·
Registered
478 Posts
I must agree that Gary Oldman doesn't fit Sirius at all

the Sirius in my imagination was quite good looking, if i do say so myself. . .

It is the same girl playing Hermione according to imdb.com .. though she does look quite differeng in that pic.

Nevertheless, I can't want to see PoA on the big screen!

At the same time, I'm dreading what they're gonna do to GoF ..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I want to go to see PoA as Hermione. But only because I look like her. Otherwise, I'd go as Severus. Har, and I could yell at children. *cackles* I'd be a good Snape.

Heh... that was... random.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ceryna, in England the age of consent is 16 so if you come here you can legally lust after him now!

I actually think Gary Oldman will be quite good as Sirius, don't know much about David Thewlis though. And Timothy Spall is great, so that should work out OK.

Must re-read the book, don't remember any of it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.