VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I'm back with another technology question! I want to get a printer here in the next few months, but I'm not sure what to look for. All I really need is a basic printer (photo quality ink would be nice, but not necessary) that I can hook up to my netbook. Where do I start?

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I would recommend a color laser printer. They can cost less than $200. Laser printers are better than inkjets because they do not smear when the paper gets wet. Laser printer toner is thermally infused on to the paper.

If you don't want to go that route, I personally like Hewlett Packard inkjet printers. They print very nicely for being cheap printers. However, they also install a ton of software that is not necessary. If you decide to go with an HP, try to download the minimal drivers from their website.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which one would work better for schoolwork?

·
Registered
147 Posts
speaking of inks, i heard that black ink (for printer or tattoos) are made from burnt bones. I'm trying to find out through google with no results.
Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I have an HP B&W LaserJet that was under $100. I use it mainly for printing out papers, forms, and lecture notes for school.
Defiantly not photo-quality but it does the job well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.