VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not pregnant, but we're starting to talk. I've always been pretty big on getting nutrients through whole foods as opposed to supplements for many reasons, and that's always worked for me. I'm starting to worry about nutrition during pregnancy though, especially since twins run strong in my family. I've been jucing recently, and I recently calculated the nutritional value of my juice. It varies from day to day, but I usually do a green juice and a much smaller beet or carrot and fruit juice. I'll definitely ask a doctor in the case that I conceive, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried juicing in place of prenatals, or if anyone would be willing to weigh in on whether or not it would be nutritionally sufficient. Here are the nutrients:

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Document

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Font Material property Screenshot Number Document

I hope those attached alright! I know I would still have to supplement B12.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I really love about this is that extra 16g of protein! I have no problem getting all the protein I need while not pregnant, but I've read everything from 71g-100g for the recommended amount during pregnancy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.