VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely puzzled as to whether or not i'm pregnant.

I'm 5 days late, but i've taken 2 test (both after period was already missed) and they were both negative. I'd estimate that I would have to be about 2 weeks pregnant at this point (if at all) but since the tests were negative I can't say. I have like... a tiny bit of blood, but not what my periods are usually like. This bothers me, because I read that some women bleed a little at the start of pregnancy.

Oh, and notes on period: usually 31 days long, last period: feb 6th.

But i've been sick for about a month now, just this awful cold. but, this cold makes me lose my appetite terribly, so as a result i've lost a few lbs lately, too. i'm only 5'4 and 113lbs usually, so a few lbs makes quiiiite the difference.

and i remember when i used to have an eating disorder, i went about 8 months without having my period at all.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Being sick could delay ovulation, which would in turn delay your period, so it's possible that it's just late. I'd wait another week before testing again.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did you use first morning urine? i would wait a few days and retest using first morning, if its neg it would be safe to say the test is right.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Could be b/c you were sick, or because of the weight loss. Either way, I'd do like ^ said and wate untill you take another test, and when you do, use first morning pee.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sounds like you're probably just messing with your cycle cause you're sick. I once got my period (while on the pill) a week EARLY because of stress/illness. It has an amazing effect on the body. I'm guessing you delayed ovulation, but take pregnancy tests in the meantime every once in a while since there is a doubt.

Make sure you are taking folic acid, btw, if you are sexually active and would not abort a "surprise."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts