• I eat the skin on a baked potato

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I leave the skin on a baked potato and scoop out the "flesh"

• Boiled with skin

• Boiled without skin

• My religion forbids me from consuming potatoes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry..there were some problems with the poll in the other thread.

Where was I? Oh yeah...

We always ate potatoes with the skin on when I was a wee lass (after scrubbing them). Now, I'm hearing from other folks that skinned potatoes are the norm. Whatcha'll think.

(multiple choices allowed in the poll)

11,550 Posts
the skin is the best bit of a baked potato! .... apart from when you get a crunchy bit of rogue dirt, which happens to me occasionally somehow, lol.

i like cooking my baked potatoes until the skin is really crispy and crunchy and chewy, and the middle is really fluffy- i feel cheated if its not like this.

skin in mashed potatoes: i can take it or leave it.

anyone else call them 'jacket potatoes'? my bf gets confused by this (cos they aren't wearing a hoodie or anything), but i think its the standard in the UK.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have to say I voted mashed potatos with no skin but that was assumeing the mashed potatos were made with standard irish spuds, now if the mashed potatos were made with red potatos I perfer to leave the skins on

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I usually only eat potatoes baked or grilled, and IMO the skin is just part of the

goodness that are taters.

Taters! Taters! Taters!

This thread is making me hungry.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

Skin on for every thing except mashed potatoes.
agreed.

although i've never met anyone who keeps the skins of their mash and i've never tried it myself, i'm rejecting it anyway. well, i might try it one day.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Skins on. Even in mashies. AND the mashies have to be slightly lumpy, too (I can eat smooth, skin-free mashies but it's not really my preference).

On baked potatoes: I love the skins to be crunchy and chewy, too. That's why I really don't understand people that oil their potatoes then wrap them in aluminum foil. IMO, that makes the skin soggy and soggy skins are teh ick... to say the least.

Sometimes I call them "jacket potatoes" and sometimes I don't.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Skins on mashed 'taters gives them visual interest and some texture. Yum.

How about skins on potatoes in potato salad? I make it that way but my Mom FREAKS when I do. You eat them in baked and fried potatoes, what does t matter if they're in potato salad? Hmmmm... that's my Mom for ya.

·
Registered
496 Posts
no skin eating on whole baked. Depends on mashies on my mood at the time and type of potato and how the idea "hits me".

Otherwise, I love FF and the large "homefries" (that are usually baked) with the skin on.

Oh and the Red potatoes must have the skin.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The more skin the better, unless it's mashed non-waxy potatoes. I <3 me some red potatoes. I'm usually too lazy/impatient to bake potatoes so I just nuke 'em in the microwave.

~Wondre

1 - 20 of 23 Posts