VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The moderators here on VeggieBoards have noticed a recent increase in teen members posting personal information on VeggieBoards. VeggieBoards is a public forum, which means that anyone with access to the internet can read our boards. It is not safe to post any information anywhere on the internet that would make it easy for someone to find you. That includes, but is not limited to, your last name, your hometown, your high school, places you hang out, your personal email address, your phone number, or your home address.

We would appreciate it if you refrained from posting any sort of personal information on the boards, and if you reported posts or let us know if anyone is making this information public, either about themselves or about another board member. We enjoy the contributions our teen members make to the board, but you must use the internet responsibly and safely.

Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I know that this is good advice for everyone, but is this post aimed mostly at teens <= 17 years old?

< technically an adult member of society (scary). has her home city in her profile.

edit to clarify: I realise this is in the teen forum. I mean that 18 & 19 years olds are both teens & adults. Do I need to edit out my home city from my profile?

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we are largely more concerned about our members who are not legal adults. A hometown is also of less concern than your last name, street address, high school name, or phone number, which we wouldn't recommend our adult members posting either.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

Yes, we are largely more concerned about our members who are not legal adults. A hometown is also of less concern than your last name, street address, high school name, or phone number, which we wouldn't recommend our adult members posting either.
thanks.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySoStarry View Post

In the location part of the forum, most people say what city they live in. Should I not have done that?
It's fine. Like Rabid_child said here:

Quote:
A hometown is also of less concern than your last name, street address, high school name, or phone number, which we wouldn't recommend our adult members posting either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personal e-mail address...I sometimes post my e-mail addy on forums, but my e-mail addy is also my MSN addy. Don't know why I bother though, I'm never on...

·
Registered
19,134 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
No, thank YOU. I was wondering why someone signed on two years ago, got an avatar, then posted once saying "bhhhh".

·
Registered
40 Posts
UM... I dont bother so why are u the 1st one in it.. Can you also say something banning swears... just a suggestion cz I dont feel like coming to this site to see swears on my screen... I also have parents across the room so plz say something in all sites and to all peole if u dont mind cz i liked this site until swears were here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts