VeggieBoards banner

601 - 620 of 898 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

This is Ashcroft, a rescued tomcat my family adopted from the RSPCA in July 2000. He was believed to be about two years old at the time, so he's around the same age as me at sixteen years old. For the first couple of years of his life, until he was rescued, he was a stray in London. He's probably the cuddliest, most loving cat you could come across. :D

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Nice to see your name pop up!
Thank you! Its so nice to see so many of you that I recognize. A nice homey feeling. Nice to see so many new names, too...more new friends.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Here is Winslow now..just turned 9 months ..he is naughty....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Here is Maxxwell, a feral cat we rescued when someone dumped her...then Fooey....Fooey is my oldest cat, he is almost 20 years old now....and Tinky...my long haired dachshund...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
This is Lucy...she cried at our front door about 8 or 9 months ago..I opened the door and she walked right in...we never could locate anyone who owned her so she stayed...She and Maxxwell are Winslow's best friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
So many sweet babies here! This thread always makes me smile. :smitten:

Reactions: cowgirrlup

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Every time I see a doxie, I still think of you!
Aw, yes, I do love them...naughty lil things, but so much fun. I got Winslow because I missed Peanut just so darn much. While Winslow has his own personality, he does have some habits that remind me of my dear Peanut.

Reactions: danakscully64

·
No flesh since 99'
959 Posts
Love the pets! These are my beautiful babies:D I know scales and feathers aren't typically looked at as valuable pets, but these 3 little creatures are amazing!

This is Leo, the ancient LEOpard gecko (who astrologically is also a Leo). My parents bought him for me when I was 7. Just celebrated his 18th "birthday" last month! They can live up to 30 years, so hopefully he still has some good time left in him! He is blind and slowing down, but still seems healthy and happy (and eats like a hog):

This is Mr. Newt, the fire belly newt. Neighbors kid lost interest and he was doomed to be flushed or used as fishing bait *cringes*. I told the neighbor I would take the newt. 7 years and a cross country move later, I STILL have this newt (they can live up to 25 years!!!):

Finally this is my best buddy Kiwi. He's a blue front amazon we rescued almost 6 years ago and we're his 3rd (and forever) home. He's about 16 years old, so still young for a parrot. Poor guy was severely misunderstood, in his last 2 homes but has absolutely blossomed in our home! He is a wonderful, intelligent and inquisitive bird. I simply adore him, and he comes everywhere with me in the summer in the bird backpack! Lets him see the world while keeping him safe. He loves riding in the car and dances when we ride the train:D.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know scales and feathers aren't typically looked at as valuable pets, but these 3 little creatures are amazing!
How adorable! Isn't it frustrating that people don't take pets without fur seriously? I have a beautiful five year old Jack Dempsey cichlid and he is the sweetest thing. People never understand why I'm so crazy about him since he is "just a fish." He recognizes my voice though, and responds to me. I have three tanks of fish rescues (why oh why are fair goldfish a thing?) but Jack is my fin baby.

Attachments

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
My neighbors' dog Molly, who gave birth just over a year ago to my very own Fleur, has had three more puppies, born just two-days ago. I'm a daddy again!

Reactions: cowgirrlup

·
No flesh since 99'
959 Posts
How adorable! Isn't it frustrating that people don't take pets without fur seriously? I have a beautiful five year old Jack Dempsey cichlid and he is the sweetest thing. People never understand why I'm so crazy about him since he is "just a fish." He recognizes my voice though, and responds to me. I have three tanks of fish rescues (why oh why are fair goldfish a thing?) but Jack is my fin baby.
Jack is beautiful! I bet he does recognize you and know your voice too. I think some people look at non-furry animals more as decorations than living beings:(. It's not that a fish or reptile is mindless, it's just no one takes the time to get to know the animal and see their personality. As for parrots, why why why people think they just sit in a cage all day like tweety bird makes me want to bang my head into the wall. They are as, if not more intelligent as dolphins and great apes, and the only animals with the capacity for human speech (some individuals can learn to speak in context, identify shapes/colors and other early education concepts). Sadly, many get bought to "match the decor" and "rehomed" soon after:crying:

601 - 620 of 898 Posts