·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
And to be fair, here's Flopsie.

Attachments

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
And Fleur. We're just one big happy family. Fleur just had all her hair whacked off. I like it better when she's shaggy.

Attachments

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Thank you, Jasminedesi. I love 'em all!

ETA- Your Priya is a beauty too!

Reactions: Jasminedesi16

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Kittie checking out one of her sleep options.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Capstan you have such an adorable animal family!!! I love the name Flopsie for that dog, it's perfect. :smitten:

Reactions: Capstan

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Thanks Natalie.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Flopsie is awesome.
I love hounds.
Me too. Flopsie is a rescue. She lived over 5-years at a puppy mill, forced to breed, only to have her puppies taken from her. She was finally traded at a swap-meet. The new owners decided they didn't want her, so dropped her off at the Humane Society. Her legs are a little weak, from living in a cage most of her life. I've had her about 6-months now, and she's slowly learning she doesn't have to stay in one place all the time. Right now, she's in the back yard, sniffing the flowers. Yay, Flopsie!

Reactions: Werewolf Girl

·
Registered
92 Posts
Me too. Flopsie is a rescue. She lived over 5-years at a puppy mill, forced to breed, only to have her puppies taken from her. She was finally traded at a swap-meet. The new owners decided they didn't want her, so dropped her off at the Humane Society. Her legs are a little weak, from living in a cage most of her life. I've had her about 6-months now, and she's slowly learning she doesn't have to stay in one place all the time. Right now, she's in the back yard, sniffing the flowers. Yay, Flopsie!
That's great!
The fact that she's a rescue makes it that much more awesome.
Every dog that I've ever had has been a rescue.
I could tell you stories about them for days, but I get the feeling that you understand where I'm coming from.
Go Flopsie!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Why do cats seem to love finding the least comfortable seeming place to sleep? His head is pressing into the wooden bars there, what a weirdo. :p

Attachments

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
They are all so sweet. Did something happen with the other beagle? :(
I'm afraid I had to return Lauren to the shelter. She was unmanageable and really destructive. In two-months, we made no progress at all, including potty training. She was literally wrecking my house. I hated having to take her back, but I also felt she was impeding Flopsie's (Lydia's) progress. I was at the shelter Wednesday, and made a point to look in on her. She's doing well, and I know our Humane Society will never put her down. They have a facebook page, where they list all the pets up for adoption. I noticed Saturday, suddenly, Lauren is no longer listed, so I'm wondering if she found a new home? I'll be checking about that.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Why do cats seem to love finding the least comfortable seeming place to sleep? His head is pressing into the wooden bars there, what a weirdo. :p
It's not our place to question our cats. You know that! :notvegan:

P.S.- Moe has pretty feet!

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Just saw a notice on Petfinder, Lauren has been ADOPTED!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Some of you may remember I lost my baby boy, Dexter, a couple of months ago. Still totally heartbroken about it. I've been looking to adopt another cat, as I don't like being a crazy cat lady without a cat.

Anyway, long story short, a guy my Mum knows had recently bought a kitten and it wasn't doing well in a house with Lurchers and small children. Rather than leaving her in that situation, we now have her.

Her name is Tilly (short for Matilda). I am already her human slave. Her and Cookie (my parents cat) are currently getting used to each other. Not entirely sure how it's going, there has been hissing and growling, mostly from Tilly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Aww, Tilly is adorable! :smitten:

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Tilly is beautiful. And what a pose!

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
Hissing is normal, my Emma hissed at Lilly a bit at first. They're doing much better now. Yesterday Emma did a sneak attack on Lilly. Lilly was walking away and Emma ran up to her, tried to bat at her, and took off running. It was hilarious.

561 - 580 of 898 Posts