VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegmumma View Post

Thank you so so so much for all your kind replies - it is so nice to feel I'm not alone.

I just wanted to let you know I went to see my doctor this morning - he is also a psychotherapist and I have been in therapy with him for a little while over the issues with my mum. He was not susprised at all when I told him how I was feeling with all this and in fact he told me he was going to give me the Edinburgh Scale test for PND (or PPD) the next time I saw him anyway! So he's precribed some medicine for me - given that I have a history of depression and self-harm and had post-traumatic stress after the traumatic birth of my first son he thinks medication is essential in my case. I really trust him because he will always suggest natural remedies or therapies when he can (ie, gave my husband Black Walnut Root for a stomach bug). I am also going to see him for weekly therapy sessions for the next couple of months so he can make sure I'm doing OK.

But I am also going to do everything I can to help myself - keep up my yoga, eat as well as I can, meditate, exercise, find time for myself, and hug my children and husband a lot!

Unfortunately, I don't have many friends where I live - we just moved from Scotland to Australia (but are going back in March) so I do feel quite isolated. But hopefully with my doc's help and sticking around VB I won't get too lonely. Plus, I finally confided in my husband and he was so sweet and said I had to tell him how I was feeling or how can he help? I don't know why I didn't tell him - I guess I just felt so ashamed like my only job is to be a stay-at-home-mum and I couldn't even do that!

You guys are just the best - I'm so glad I found VB, I really am.

Goddess bless you all xxx
I dont have any help to offer that the other girls haven't already said, but your post brought tears to my eyes!!! I'm so glad your husband is being so sweet and supportive, and I hope that you soon start to feel so much better!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts