VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
"One day I was a young boy...when I saw a mother otter with her cubs. Even as I watched, the mother otter dived into the water and came up with a plump salmon, which she subdued... As she ate it, while of course it was still alive, the body split and the pink roes spilled out much to the delight of the baby otters. Mother and children dining upon mother and children. And that is when I first learned about evil. It is built into the very nature of the universe. Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior." — Lord Vetinari

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
"Each year (week, day) feels progressively shorter in the context of one's life: when you're 4 years old, a year is 25% of your life. When you're 40 it's 2.5% of your life. I think a year might feel twice as long to a 19 year old as it does to a 38 year old, possibly less. Using that math, a year feels less than 3 months long to a 76 year old. Old age picks up speed, and you're dead before you know it."

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
"The desire to fit in so as to avoid conflict is probably one of the most destructive of human traits."

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." - W. C. Fields

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
"A multitude of enemies exists within oneself in the form of character defects. Greed, self-doubt, self limitation, jealousy, envy, fear, shame, worry, small-mindedness, hatred, delusion, desire, selfishness, laziness, hypocrisy, and pretension.

One's own mind is the root of high and low, honor and insult, joy and sorrow.

There is no one out there you have to conquer. When you have successfully conquered yourself, the world will be at your feet"

-Zhu Jing Ning

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
"Six simple words a wise man said to me so many years ago. Stood by me through all of life's changes. The only advice I have to give is 'Reasons, not rules, make us strong.' " Aaron Bedard of BANE

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"You can safely assume that you’ve created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, things are not going to get better. They're not." Dr. Seuss

^ That one's going on the tombstone over my (empty) grave.

·
Registered
814 Posts
My bottom of the post quote:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein

·
Registered
814 Posts
Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off - Colin L. Powell

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
"Isn't man an amazing animal? He kills wildlife--birds, kangaroos, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers, groundhogs, mice, foxes, and dingoes--by the million in order to protect his domestic animals and their feed. Then he kills domestic animals by the billion and eats them. This in turn kills man by the million, because eating all those animals leads to degenerative--and fatal--health conditions like heart disease, kidney disease, and cancer. So then man tortures and kills millions more animals to look for cures for these disease. Elsewhere, millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being used to fatten domestic animals. Meanwhile, some people are dying of sad laughter at the absurdity of man, who kills so easily and so violently, and once a year sends out cards praying for "Peace on Earth." -- C. David Coats

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

"You can safely assume that you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott
Awesome.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

"Isn't man an amazing animal? He kills wildlife--birds, kangaroos, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers, groundhogs, mice, foxes, and dingoes--by the million in order to protect his domestic animals and their feed. Then he kills domestic animals by the billion and eats them. This in turn kills man by the million, because eating all those animals leads to degenerative--and fatal--health conditions like heart disease, kidney disease, and cancer. So then man tortures and kills millions more animals to look for cures for these disease. Elsewhere, millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being used to fatten domestic animals. Meanwhile, some people are dying of sad laughter at the absurdity of man, who kills so easily and so violently, and once a year sends out cards praying for "Peace on Earth." -- C. David Coats
If I ever join another non-veg*an forum that quote will be my signature line.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.