VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to experience some withdrawal detox like symptoms when transitioning to vegetarianism? I've been dealing with headaches & some body aches. Or is that a sign I'm deficient in some vitamin or nutrient. Or could it be a little of both? :confused:

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I think it's normal, I didn't experience much change when I went vegetarian but I did when I went vegan. Vitamin deficiencies don't just develop overnight so I doubt that's the problem, if you're concerned though you could always take a multivitamin to make sure you have it taken care of.

Reactions: Andrea McNair

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Is it normal to experience some withdrawal detox like symptoms when transitioning to vegetarianism? I've been dealing with headaches & some body aches.

There are no "detox" symptoms when changing your diet, if you're feeling poorly its likely due to a poorly planned diet or something new in your diet that isn't agreeing with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for 7he responses my physical is coming up & I'll ask the doctor to test me for any deficiencies. Also I'm still learning about how to make sure I have a well rounded diet. I'm definitely going through a learning curve planning my weekly menu, shopping & meals.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts