VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes you mind find it funny being vegan and allergic to animals<br><br><br><br>
but the more time i've been spending at home with the family cat the more sinsus problems i have<br><br><br><br>
any suggestions?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm allergetic to cats. THat's why I only have 2. I haven't breathed properly in 7 years and often wake up with half-shut swollen eyes.<br><br><br><br>
I'm a lonely old divorcee, so I let my babies (Fuzzy and Sputnik) sleep in bed with me. Really, I shouldn't, but I do. To counteract their allergans, I change the bed clothes, including blankets, freqiently. I vacuum the floors and don't let anyone dust (dusting makes it SO much worse for me).

·
Registered
0 Posts
if you don't already have one, try getting a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter (filters out allergens much better) and, like krista said, use it to be scrupulously clean.<br><br><br><br>
I always had cats at my dad's house and my best friend had severe cat allergies. I'd use it to clean the house if she came over for dinner, and it would prevent outbreaks. But you have to be meticulous.<br><br><br><br>
good luck!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You have to clean constantly, including bedsheets (wash HOT no less than 1x/week), and vacuuming is definitely key (including furniture). Keep a lint roller handy to keep the cat hair off your clothes.<br><br><br><br>
I'm allergic, too, but I wouldn't ever go without Krava. I manage pretty well. Allergy shots can also be an option, but I have no idea what the vegan implications of those shots might be.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I used to be severely allergic to cats....until I got a kitten. I gave him a bath once a week and the allergy just went away over time. I now have 4 cats. I still had allergy attacks every morning...but only in the morning which makes me think it might have been pollen or something. But we just got a HEPA air purifier and the allergy attacks are GONE! Woohoo! I'm now convinced that my morning allergy attacks WERE from the cats sleeping on the bed with me every night because the filter is COVERED in fur. I didn't realise that all of that was floating around in the air....but anyway, it helped immensely.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I used to be allergic to cats and some dogs, but since I haven't spent any time with them in many years I'm not sure if they're still hanging around. I love animals, but my mom's very allergic and my stepdad's asthmatic, so we won't be getting any pets. I might when I get my own place, but that's a couple years away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts