Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
portabella meatless burger

Category: Sandiwches/Burgers

Suitable for a: vegetarian diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

foccasia bread, or any other bun you prefer, Portabella mushroom cap, butter or margerine -whatever is preferred,lettuce of choice, tomato,sauteed green peppers--jalapenos if you like it hot, olive oil, your favorite honey mustard sauce--mine is kens honey mustard dressing

Instructions:

sautee mushroom cap in butter or marg to liking, and sautee green peppers in olive oil, so that they are no longer crunchy, add salt and peper.Toast your bun of choice. I like foccasia the best. spread honey mustard sauce on the bun top.place mushroom cap on bottom bun.top with lettuce, and tomato. enjoy. yummy, yummy

Additional comments:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutonRevolution View Post

I made something really similar to this a few nights ago, but instead of mustard and whatnot, I had a grilled portabella mushroom on foccasia with guacomole. It was amazing.
YUM. oh man. i just ate a little while ago and now im starving again.

i must try that.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I made something like this a while ago.

You can chop up the stalk and fry it in a pan with some garlic, mix it with some breadcrumbs and put it back in the hole. Then put a slice of goat's cheese on the top and put the whole thing under the grill til the cheese melts.

Awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love portobello mushroom burger! I get a pack of three caps at my grocery store for a few bucks. I use whole wheat hamburger bun and just pan fry the mushroom in olive oil. Add spinach and tomato and wow, delicious lunch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts