VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
plain air popped popcorn is definitely healthy--good fiber and low calorie. however, for a great snack mist with either oil or a good cooking spray and sprinkle with a little salt, nutritional yeast and garlic powder.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I second the air popped popcorn!! It is healthy if prepared the right way.

I take a braggs spray bottle and fill it with half water and half organic olive oil. I spray the air popped pocorn then shake and repeat a few more times. Then I sprinkle with nutritional yeast and Vegizest. It is healthy and amazingly delicious and it is salt free!!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialK12 View Post

WHAT IS NUTRITIoNAL YEAST????? i got some today is this what you mean savory yeast flakes???
When I make popcorn, I melt some Earth Balance (that's a vegan margarine) and put that on the popcorn, toss it around to coat, and then sprinkle on a spoonful or two of nutritional yeast with a little salt. Mix a little, and eat.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
mmm popcorn!!

on a similar note though..

somebody told me a while back never to eat those puffed brown rice cake things because the way they're processed means your body tries to fight them..or something. i forget. i counted it as nonsense (or potential fact that ill choose to ignore, coz i love the plain ones with tomato sauce..or tahini..or avocado..mmm ricey heaven!) but this thread reminded me of it, how can that be true? its just heat treated? sure it loses all the nutrients of ACTUAL brown rice, but i don't think its something your body fights against..is it?

n.b. will make no difference to my consumption of them but still.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.