VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not doing this for weight loss, but I know it is bound to happen. The thing is, I tend to catch myself reaching for snackies, (I've only been vegan about 10 days, vegetarian 3 weeks, and I know am very familiar with that route,and am very glad I decided on it.)<br><br>
My diet is improving, by leaps and bounds, and I'm teaching myself to not grab cookies, but a peice of mango instead, or an apple, or when I want something like a chip, cut up a red bell pepper. And I know once i do that, and leave out he cookies (that I don't make myself), or the candy, that the weight will go down. I make myself so mad, cause I make poor snacking choices. But I'm the only vegan in the house. How do I keep from making bad food choices? Will power, or knowing I do it,then stopping?<br><br>
My exercise- hot yoga 4 days a week with pilates.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
good for you on the exercise! I'm betting the snacking is old habits, isn't it? You're already making conscientious efforts to pick a fruit or veggie, so that's really good.<br><br>
Try this. When you want to snack, go grab and drink a whole glass of water first! Seriously, it's a great weight loss tool. If you're really hungary, you'll still want or feel the need to eat after that.<br><br>
Are you realistically getting enough calories in per day, and are they spread out over the day or are you only eating btween 1-3 meals with no snacks? maybe try the full 3 meals per day, and 2 scheduled snacks per day, so that the calories are spread out, and you don't actually get really hungry inbetween meals, and you can depend on food coming in.<br><br>
Also, ask yourself, why you're snacking. Are you bored, lonely, depressed, miss food, etc, or are you again really hungry and need a LITTLE something?<br><br>
hope these help. It will definately help you if you can determine the reason behind your snacking food choices

1 - 2 of 2 Posts