VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a site with the story http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/pom, please note that some of my info came from the letter I recieved from PETA.

I recieved a letter from PETA recently about POM's animal testing practises.. they experiment on mice pups, rababits, and rats and they are quoted saying they "proudly" experiment on animals. I wrote to them today to tell them that I will no longer buy their products as long as they continue to test on animals and I would urge anyone who is concerned and would like to see this stopped to email, or write to POM.

Address:

Mark Tupper, POM Wonderful

11444 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA

Email:

[email protected]

Flood them with emails guys, the more they get the more likely they are to stop hurting these animal tests!

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Indeed I find it apalling that someone could be proud of supporting torture. I hope that they come to their senses and realize how barbaric animal tests are and stop supporting them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Please call and write them...they are not immune to pressure. In fact, we're part of their target audience of people who care about our health. Let them know that we won't buy their products and will encourage and friends and family not to but too...

and we'll also post nasty stuff about them on bulletin boards!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,132 Posts
Why on earth test fruit juice on animals? The link did not show what they meant by "animal testing". Surely all you'd need to do is get you dog or whatever do drink the stuff?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the letter I recieved rabbits' arteries were damaged in order to artificially create erectile dysfunction in an attempt to show that drinking pomegranate juice can help alleviate this dysfuntion in humans..

Rats were forced to balance on an accelerating, spinning rod and find a hidden platform submerged in a water maze (don't ask me what that has to do with anything)


Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries was induced in mice who were fed pomegranate juice and then cut up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,186 Posts
I won't be buying them either. To me animal testing is for serious medical work that cannot be acom plished any other way. Hate seeing animal testing used for trival stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy_Grape View Post

According to the letter I recieved rabbits' arteries were damaged in order to artificially create erectile dysfunction in an attempt to show that drinking pomegranate juice can help alleviate this dysfuntion in humans..

Rats were forced to balance on an accelerating, spinning rod and find a hidden platform submerged in a water maze (don't ask me what that has to do with anything)


Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries was induced in mice who were fed pomegranate juice and then cut up.
According to who, and how do they know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

According to who, and how do they know?
According the letter I recieved from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals in December. There was an investigation done, for more information just google POM animal testing many groups are fighting them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

I won't be buying them either. To me animal testing is for serious medical work that cannot be acom plished any other way. Hate seeing animal testing used for trival stuff.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseed View Post

I have forwarded the info to friends.
Thank you so much!

You guys are awesome. Hopefully we will see results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy_Grape View Post

According the letter I recieved from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals in December. There was an investigation done, for more information just google POM animal testing many groups are fighting them.
This seems to yield nothing but whining and ready-made letters of complaint, with occasional references to "learning" that they do animal tests (and the always lovely PeTA propaganda pictures involving murder and your company of choice).

If someone manages to find actual information about these tests feel free to post it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
If you were really curious about POM's animal testing, and not just trying to create an issue, all you had to do was go to POM's site and see some published studies -

http://www.pomwonderful.com/the_science.html

PETA lists some of these procedures on their site -

http://www.peta.org/feat-pom.asp

If they were making it up, POM could sue, but they aren't doing so because you can find reference to the studies on POM's own site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Actually I don't care if they fund animal testing (which I already know they do because they freely admit to it via e-mail). Mice mean nothing to me: they could fire them into space from a cannon for all I care. I just want to read about rats balancing on spinning somethings (see previous page that I can't be bothered quoting).

Also I read the PeTA link during my google search and it mentions nothing of spinning rats. It does contain the propaganda and whining I mentioned, though.

Still can't seem to find those rats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

If you were really curious about POM's animal testing, and not just trying to create an issue,
Instead of "trying to create an issue", I would use the expression "trying to assert a certain kind of teenage identity".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

Mice mean nothing to me: they could fire them into space from a cannon for all I care.
wow, what a coincidence, that's exactly what I was just thinking about you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatless View Post

wow, what a coincidence, that's exactly what I was just thinking about you!
Hmm... I guess shooting stuff into space is a more common concept than I thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

Actually I don't care if they fund animal testing (which I already know they do because they freely admit to it via e-mail). Mice mean nothing to me: they could fire them into space from a cannon for all I care. I just want to read about rats balancing on spinning somethings (see previous page that I can't be bothered quoting).

Also I read the PeTA link during my google search and it mentions nothing of spinning rats. It does contain the propaganda and whining I mentioned, though.

Still can't seem to find those rats.
If you don't love every animal big and small you are not an animal lover in my eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
I'm not going to do a search because it would be fun for you to read about animals being tortured, Scythe. You remind me of someone who seeks out slaughterhouse video because you like watching animals die. I agree with Sevenseas about trying to create a teenage identity of being too cool to care about suffering or much else (the past cries of "look at me, I don't care! No really - look at me, I really, really don't care!"), but even you must know it's not impressive or cool to do here.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top