Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like peanut butter. Blech!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of peanut butter do you eat (if you eat it). The natural kind or "regular"? I keep trying to switch to natural, but just can't get used to it. I always end up not eating peanut butter at all. I know the regular kind has sugar & trans fats in it, but I've read from a few sources that the amount of trans fats in it is neglible. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
maybe you could make the transition by mixing natural with unnatural until you get to where you like the flavor of the natural. slowly removing the sugar would help you to like it better.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I use peanut butter mainly as an ingredient. I can't imagine going back to the unnatural kind.

I just posted a recipe for maple nut orbs that uses peanut butter but You'll have to look in the muah ha ha thread to find it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or try adding maple syrup to the natural for sweetness without the "bad stuff" in supermarket PB. btw, that also makes a yummy dip for apples... PB and maple syrup that is.... now I am getting a craving

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I tend to buy both.. I like natural the best, but it isnt as easy to spread as the other type. I lean towards natural, but you will find both in my kitchen.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get this lowfat PB and I love it on graham crackers, belive it or not the Keebler Elves make vegan (no honey, but I am sure there is still sugar) graham crackers. They are the Original Grahams. MMMMMMMMMMMMM! Shannon

·
Registered
637 Posts
I love my natural pb! I actually just bought some the other day for the first time, and I really liked it! It's by Smuckers. Good stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I like the sweet stuff too.
Someone on here refered to it as "peanut butter frosting". Hmm... SO true!

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I like the natural and that's all I ever get. For the "hard to spread" thing, just put the jar in the microwave for a few seconds until it's spreadable, but not warm. The regular is waaaayyyyyy too sweet for me and it tastes a bit funny too, IMO.

I like Motherofmany's idea about adding some maple syrup to natural peanut butter along with onenesse's idea about slowly reducing the blend until you are used to fully natural. That might be the way to go in getting used to natural peanut butter.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Keegan, you can find regular PB that will say "0 grams trans fat." I believe Peter Pan carries this labeling.

(Much cheaper than natural PB)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hmmm... Well I really like the natural crunchy publix makes. Last time I tried the "fake" kind, it was rreally weird. I don't even know if I'd like it now.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
As far as it being to hard... Here's what I do. I take all the peanut butter out of the jar with the oil that seperates into a big bowl. Then I mix it in for a long time and carefully pour it back in the container. And, because the oil won't seperate when it's in the fridge, it stays spreadable the entire jar (I know from using up a jar I mixed this way). Messy, but worth the scrubbing.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I voted for natural but I don't mind regular either. The HFS in our town is awesome in that they have four machines that make *fresh* nut butter right in front of you. They have creamy and crunchy PB and also cashew and almond butter. You just put a container under it and push the button. Hehehe....the butter will start to ooze out (a funny scence
). It's hot and fresh! for only 1.60$/LB
. That stuff runs out so fast between me and hubby, heh

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like natural PB. But I like Almond butter and cashew butter way more. I am addicted to almond butter! More expensive but way better!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts