VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I used to when I was in my dark depressive teenage years... I needed to get my darkness out of me. This is something I wrote when I was 15.

In the morning

all dreams fade away

but at night

they become life.

To live dreaming

is to forego reality

but oft the living dream

is better than real life.

I was a depressed one...

·
Registered
739 Posts
This is about as creative as I can get these days!

I'll never boast

to post the most

but I shall toast

our lovely host

and our new friends

from coast to coast.

the VW board may be a ghost

but to be without each other

would be the wost!

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I write poetry/songs but they definately off the norm and I'm not sure if I would let anyone read them. Most people wouldn't understand and the rest would just freak out. I have a couple of tunes in my head that I know have lyrics to them, though they don't seem to come so easily. "Monkey dance" and "So short" are two that almost have written themselves though I need to write them down on paper and not just keep them to myself. I write with a Christian slant, but it's not the usual stuff that you see from "pretty music/happy religion" people. My stuff is more gritty, more questioning, stuff that makes you think and feel a bit uncomfortable along the way with no quick resolution, no "one size fits all" God-given answers lurking about. some of my songs are about things I've seen/done/had happen and other songs are composits of people/events along the way.

Just like an artist with bush and color

words are my color, the pen is my brush

At my call, for my will, they assemble

Together to picture a form of a thought.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts