VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I think (though I'm not positive, my expertise is certainly NOT in the stock market) that you have to put your stock up for sale in the first place in order to have it bought out by these companies. The original stockholders had to want to sell their stock to these people. But yes, you need Tame to explain to you exactly how this works so you'll have a better understanding.

B

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Well I think you have to decide personally where to draw the line...Phillip Morris is granted a kind of 'shady' deal. And I think that's puting it mildly. So it has to be a personal choice that you make. Many of us want this 'fast' food for convenience sake. I don't honestly use much of it anymore, as I try and do a more natural, less processed (as in any sort of processing) diet. And, the items you mentioned are generally pricey so that I can purchase several of something in a natural state, as opposed to one of these processed goods.

But the bottom line is it is convenience food. You are right, when you buy from these companies you are apparently supporting the conglomeration that owns them. They did nothing wrong in purchasing the stock to buy the companies, but of course at least companies like Phillip Morris and Exxon Mobile have created lots of other problems. So if you wish to not support these companies in any way, it is smart not to purchase their products.

B

1 - 2 of 2 Posts