VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys an gals,

I gotta know...is there a vegetarian ramen? and i need it to be ABSOLUTE sure, like explain me all the ingredients please. thanks ;D

also, is El Paso (see red and green) vegetarian? I've stopped using it, my biggest worry is it contains chicken in some form(fat, flavoring, broth). i've stopped using it, but if it is vegan/vegetarian, thats great, cuz tortillas baked in it taste pretty nummy

thanks for the help!

·
Banned
2,587 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You just have to get used to reading labels. Chicken fat/broth will be listed as such. If you're not sure about an ingredient, you can check it on the VRG guide to food ingredients or google it (but consider the results carefully -- only trust something that seems authoritative). And, as luvourmother said, if something is still ambiguous, you can write to the company (or google and see if someone else has).

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you look at the kosher section, the Tradition brand of vegetable cup noodle in the styrofoam cups are vegetarian. I don't care for it myself so I usually get Top Ramen or the Taiwanese vegetarian (usually steamed shiitake or mushroom flavor) brands from Asian markets when I could find them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, the thing im most iffy about is the "natural flavoring", i know that is a potential red flag :/

i'll check into the ramen...i've tryied making my own with vegge broth but it doesn't turn out how i like and is a bit more work than i like when i'm going for ramen....ramen to me=lazy food lol ;p

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Dang, ramen enchiladas sounds tasty. To the kitchen!

Wait, I don't actually have any ramen noodles ...

I know you weren't talking about COMBINING them, but sounds like a dandy experiment.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, its all about getting the juice right
my family eats the ramen, i tried using the noodles and making my own ramen juice, though i was disappointed in how mine came out.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
I always drained the noodles and then stirred the powder into the wet noodles, so it came out like a noodle dish instead of a soup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.