VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually don't feel so good right now, are Gummy Bears a big NO NO. I have tried Google and my son asked me today, "Mom you won't eat jello because of the ingredients, why will you eat gummies, they are the same thing". Please lay the bad news on me. I am actually mad at me right now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
yeah, unfortunately traditional gummy bears contain gelatin. but there are some which don't and are completely vegetarian, so it doesn't have to be goodbye forever. you might have to do mail order, though, depending on where you live.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
The vegan marshmallows that are out now are gross to me.

The Vegan Supreme ones that used to be out (that were like $5 a bag) were awesome. Then turned out they weren't vegan. Shame shame.

Sour patch kids are vegan, too.
Also most, if not all, twizzlers I believe.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

The Vegan Supreme ones that used to be out (that were like $5 a bag) were awesome. Then turned out they weren't vegan. Shame shame.
Yeah, that story broke about three days after I ate like, five bags in one week!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whoa....Sour Patch Kids are vegetarian?

I never even bothered to look at their ingredients as I just assumed they were as "off limits" as gummy bears.

So my kids can eat them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I should have phrased that a bit better...I meant my veggie kids can eat Sour Patch Kids. I've tried to get them to eat poop as I thought it would save us a bundle, but they didn't care for it.

I've been buying the vegan gummy bears, but they are gonna be thrilled to know they can have SPK's next time we go to the movies!

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

The vegan marshmallows that are out now are gross to me.
They're gross as is. But melt them down to make krispy rice squares and they're yum

1 - 20 of 29 Posts