VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am currently creating a website to encourage people to go vegetarian. My goal is to exhaust every possibly reason why someone should become vegetarian, or better yet, vegan. I was hoping that others on this site would be willing to contribute some of their reasons for making this lifestyle choice. All contributions would be greatly appreciated.

I will be taking the ideas posted to this thread to reproduce on my website once it has been created. Please leave the name that you would want to appear beside your quote, as well as your city or country, although this is not necessary. These quotes will only be used for my website.

I have been working on this website for a few months and it should be finished in about two more months. I will be sure to post the link on this Board when it is created.

Once again, all contributions are greatly appreciated as I am trying to cover every base on reasons why one might choose to become vegetarian or vegan. I am so excited to hear all of your ideas!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, uh...Im new here and im 14! I am becoming an ovo-lacto-vegetarian, which i may ad has been pretty simple so far. I wanted to know if anyone could give me a list of "hidden animal labels", like glycerin for example, that seem to be in a different language! LoL! I am really excited about doing this, although it is hard to overcome peoples negative comments, but im just trying to ignore them. Oh, and could someone also give me a grocery list thats not to complicated or long, because my mom doesnt want to go out of her way to feed me the veggie way. Ok well i look forward to future comments!

~VK~

·
Registered
179 Posts
Try this:

http://cyberparent.com/eat/hiddenanimalsinfood.htm

There are also lots of other useful threads on the site, so explore away!

As for shopping lists, I guess lots of vegetables that are easy to cook and prepare, noodles for stir fries, pasta, Quorn / vegemince products, vegetarian cheese, chickpeas, I could go on.....

What kind of food do you like?

Check out the recipes section of the forum for some great ideas.

·
Registered
179 Posts
In reply to veggie girl, I went veggie because I don't agree with the way animals are treated on farms, but also because I don't see why an animal has to give up it's life (which it has as much right to as me) so that I can have something that I simply don't need.

I think there is another thread dealing with people's reasons for going veggie. I'll see if I can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts