VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Plastic jack-o'-lantern threatens deer's life

CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Michigan (AP) -- A plastic jack-o'-lantern meant for collecting Halloween candy is threatening the life of a young deer that frequently visits a gated community.

The fake pumpkin has been stuck on the animal's snout for at least six days. It appears to be snagged on the buck's ears or horn buds. Resembling a feedbag, it has prevented the animal from eating or drinking.
The rest, along with a picture: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/10/dee....ap/index.html

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
That's terrible.

The good news: if they do catch him, they're keeping him 'til after the 2 week hunting season. The bad news: it's because anyone who eats him could get sick from the anesthesia.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I saw something similar where Christmas lights got tangled in a deers antlers. They were leaving that one alone because it wasn't harming the deer in any way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I hope they get the deer and he gets a chance to survive.

I'm glad they're holding him till after the hunting season, even if it is for the benefit of humans.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I kept thinking, how hard is it to shoot and tranquilize a deer that was tired and weak from not eating for six days? I hope it really was him and that he's ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts