VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i heard from my cousin. a nice person. good friend. that there was a study that plants scream when they are harvested. if this was proven i would lose my faith( or understanding) in buddhism eat nothing and eventually die. if this was proven it would make it so that no matter what you did you can not get away from killing something that feels . this would mean that god sucks (which i dont beleive in) and my religoin is false. i really hope this isnt true. what do u people think about this. i do not believe. well i dont want to believe it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drew

okif this was proven i would lose my faith( or understanding) in buddhism eat nothing and eventually die. if this was proven it would make it so that no matter what you did you can not get away from killing something that feels . this would mean that god sucks (which i dont beleive in) and my religoin is false. i really hope this isnt true. what do u people think about this. i do not believe. well i dont want to believe it.
Oatmeal's post shows the truth behind this.

What I feel compelled to comment on is the other parts of your post.

While many Buddhists are vegetarian - many aren't.

Buddhist Monks eat whatever is put into their begging bowls (those who have this tradition of making rounds with their bowls in the community) - even if this is meat.

Even the Dahli Lhama does not tell people not to eat meat.

He tells them to be MINDFUL when they do (which we should be doing anyway - in every aspect of our lives)

Naturally not killing is one of the five precepts; however, the eating of meat that you don't kill yourself is not the same as killing.

More Info On This Here

If someone needs more information plese PM me and I can give you more links to help you resolve this issue in your mind.

I'm just addressing this because it really worries me that people get so filled with guilt they become over-burdoned.

Buddhism and Vegetarianism are both beautiful things

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.