VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so.. i know excess protein and calcium loss are linked. is that only with animal protein?

say my 'minimum protein requirement' is 38 (which it is)...is it ok to eat around 60 for just a few days?

and longer term, is it ok to eat more than 38 if its plant based??

xoxo

·
Registered
885 Posts
"Excessive" protein intake is more like > 100 or >150 grams. Try not to obsess so much about everything. Also, I do believe the calcium loss /protein thing is overstated. There was a recent article released discussing bone fractures in vegans that talked about this.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielove View Post

Try not to obsess so much about everything.
i agree with this.

and if you're talking about protein 60g a day is not a huge amount.

p.s. plant and animal protein would be alike in this regard but it is very difficult to get so much plant protein unless you were taking soy supplements or something.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Taurushead, honestly, stop obsessing! Stop counting every little nutrient you are taking in. Give your brain a break. I promise your weight will not change. It is so, so worth it to not do math problems with your food.

<3

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
thanks for the info.

and yes, destressing. i had two dinners last night . and today i haven't counted a thing. its all good, don't worry
just a temporary freak out!

you guys rock. truly. TRULY>

xoxo

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You loose more calcium with animal protein, but you loose even more important things with being too concerned about loosing. Give your body a chance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.