VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110220...pphu-container

A Yahoo article telling people to eat less meat!

Quote:
People tend to move up the food chain as their incomes rise, consuming more meat than they might have when they made less money, the experts said.
It takes around seven pounds (3.4 kilograms) of grain to produce a pound of meat, and around three to four pounds of grain to produce a pound of cheese or eggs, experts told AFP.
"More people, more money, more consumption, but the same planet," Clay told AFP, urging scientists and governments to start making changes now to how food is produced.
There's a lot of the predictable stupidity in the comments though, most of them seem to be along the lines of "Oh, well we should just start WW3 and kill people, LOLZZZORZ!!"

If you have a Yahoo account I HIGHLY encourage you to comment and add some smarts into the mix, I've been copy pasting facts about how wasteful animal agriculture is and how it contributes to world hunger and pumps millions of tons of pollution into the planet, since a lot of people obviously missed or ignored that part

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Based on this article and others I have read, feeding grain to farm animals appears to be a trend throughout much of the world. It is so wasteful. You'd expect it may happen in a few countries but not throughout much of the world. I'd hate to think most government are really this bad. That was a good article. Thanks for posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts