VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is nasty! I love vanilla, its so yummy. But when I tryed plain it was horrible. I couldn't drink it. Is it good when you cook with it? Im half afraid to try a different brand, do all brands taste the same? So far all the many brands of vanilla ive tryed taste the same(and vanilla is sooo good!!).

·
Registered
411 Posts
What brand are you using?

Alpro seems to taste slightly better than Tesco and Asda's own brands, but I'd rather pay 60p for a litre, rather than £1.30.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
For plain soy milk I prefer Silk or 8th Continental. I tried some strawberry soymilk the other day...so yummy. It tasted like cereal milk (like the milk left over in a bowl of fruity pebbles). I also picked up some Vitasoy Peppermint Chocolate milk that was discounted, it was amazing. I had it cold then heated it up like hot chocolate. Yeah good stuff. Soymilk is a wondeful invention.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
The brands definitely do not all taste the same to me. For cooking, I don't think it really matters. I generally think soymilk is pretty gross to drink plain, but mixed in baked goods, sauces, etc. I can't tell a lick of difference.

btw..I don't think 8th continent is vegan.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I feel just the opposite. I quite like Silk Enhanced, but find the sweetened kinds to be just bleah. I'm not a fan of sweets generally, so having candy-like milk is just a no-no in my life.

But, each person's tastes vary.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I drink plain Silk like it's going out of style...I like the flavored ones, but don't buy them because they don't really 'go' with anything. Chocolate on cereal? Vanilla with a sweet snack? No, that would just be sugar overload.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I like soydream - really, its just a matter of time. I didn't like soymilk at first, and finally we settled on soy dream, and even then it was a while before I could drink it straight - after a few years, you start thinking MILK tastes horrific (I went back to milk during pregnancy to keep my soy levels lower.)

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Vitasoy Unsweetened Original. Yummm..

I totally prefer unsweetened soymilks, no matter what the brand. Don't get me wrong, I love Plain and vanilla as well, but the unsweetened stuff just taste so much wholesomer...

There used to be a lady at the farmer's market who sold fresh soymilk. that was the goods...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love plain soymilk. On occasion I'll get chocolate soy milk as a treat. I've never been a fan of vanilla soymilk, never saw the point of sweet milk for stuff like baking or cereal, or everyday drinking

1 - 12 of 12 Posts