VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cok.net/blog/2011/06/one-...pita-pit-decla

Quote:
On May 9, we announced that after working with Compassion Over Killing, Pita Pit, a national quick-service sandwich chain with more than 100 locations, started offering a new vegan black bean patty on all of its menus. We've got even more good news to share: in just four short weeks since the launch of this vegan patty, the company considers it a huge hit! Paul Erwin, Chief Financial Executive of Pita Pit told COK, We know that a growing number of our customers and consumers everywhere are looking for delicious and nutritious heart-healthy options and are also increasingly concerned about animal welfare issues. Thats why were excited to introduce a hearty all-vegan black bean patty to our menus nationwide.
Along with the new patty, the company rolled out a marketing campaign in its stores with promotional posters including one boldly declaring: Dont substitute meat. Surpass it. Introducing the spicy black bean pita a healthy way to get your protein.
Attachment 15666

When was the last time you saw a big omni franchise advertise that their vegan options are BETTER than meat? I love it!

LL

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Awesome!!!!
I've never been to one but now i have extra incentive to go if i find one.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
They have Pita Pits where I live!!! I must see if they have this product.

·
Registered
992 Posts
That is so rad. I've never heard of Pita Pit, but I just checked their site and there's one in Chicago right near where I'll be for a meeting next week. I am totally going to check it out.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
I've never heard of them either, but awesome! I don't know the next time I'll be in Chicago or Naperville, the only closest ones, but I so want to try them!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just bummed out this option isn't available in Canada yet, we have a Pita Pit downtown. I assume it will trickle over here eventually since it's popular though.

Also, I LOVE that they advertised it as a healthy source of protein. Shows how much peoples attitudes have changed! A few decades ago people would have been like "Protein? from BEANS?! Those potheads and their crazy hippie nonsense!"

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
There is one about 12 miles from me... kinda far to go but I may get over that way someday.

Good to know they are offering this!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Great now I am craving one.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Just checked, and the closest two locations to me are about 30 miles away. One is very close to where I used to work back when I was in high school and lived down in that direction, actually. But I'm rarely down there these days.

--Fromper

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Woohoo! There's two of 'em in town! Now I just need to find a way to justify going across town.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Just got back, it was delicious. Pile on the veggies! You can substitute avocado or hummus for the cheese.

I asked the person taking my order if it was vegan. "Uhhh, it's cooked on the same grill as meat..." Cool, she gets it. I ordered anyway because that doesn't bother me. Vegan otherwise, AFAIK.

They said the pepperoncini vinaigrette (aka spicy vinaigrette, aka "Secret Sauce") and the BBQ sauce are vegan. Not sure if it was the BBQ or Chipotle BBQ, so best to ask.

Bon appetit!

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Someone I talked to said they can microwave it or grill it. You just have to ask and they'll do it. So there's always that option.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I'm another one who has never heard of this place. Looking at their website, they have locations all over the country. How is it that so many people have not heard of this place? They have several veggie pita options. Just 2 weeks ago, I was doing an intensive search for new restaurants in Charlotte with veggie options and this place did not come up.

Anyways, I'm glad to see another restaurant I can eat at. The Charlotte location is near me. I may venture up there soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts