VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow i saw the movie pirates of the caribbean and i thought i was really good !!

and i totally need someplace to drool over orlando bloom

johny depp looked pretty damn good too !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mm... Orlando Bloom... *drools with sprout*

I don't know if that movies coming out here.. It should be... But there hasn't been ANYTHING about it..

Its also not in the coming soon section....*cries*

Danny

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I enjoyed it a LOT.

I don't think it's scary.... It's not more scary than a children's movie (which it is in a way).

It's very funny. Johnny Depp really rules in his role!

But the other actors are great too, I was especially impressed by Geoffrey Rush. And the make up artists did an awesome job with all that bad skin and teeth and hair for the pirates.

I hope they make a second part!

·
Banned
559 Posts
good, good, movie. better than i expected.

great soundtrack too.

johnny depp did a kick ass job (and looked kick ass hot while doing it).

(orlando bloom doenst do much for me, heh...).

the chick had a crazy underbite and i wanted to punch her lower jaw the entire movie..she's not the most brilliant of actresses, but perhaps she'll catch on.

disney had to throw in the whole coochie coochie love scene at the end....'but he's a PIRATE!' smooch smooch thing. could have done without that...

but i really enjoyed it. i would own that one. good graphics with the skeletons and moon light, too.

my favorite scene was the shot of the fish scattering under the boat. i dug that for some reason.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I saw it last night and I though it was great, and not just because Orlando Bloom is such a drool-worthy hottie.

Johnny Depp did a great job in his role, also...and gosh, I just loved the whole thing. ^^

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Okay... finally saw it. I loved the ridiculousness of it.
Of course, it helped that Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp were in it... it couldn't go wrong. Depp's acting was so.... erratic.
We were laughing quite a bit.

The skeletons were probably the best movie-skeletons I've seen to date.

I was actually worried about the obligatory references to the DL ride, but they fit in pretty well -- the dog, the animatronic movements of the whores, the drunk with the pigs, some of the lines from the ride... They were fun bits for those of us who got into DL free for way too many years.
I wonder how it looked to people who didn't know the references?

And there was a Haunted Mansion preview... um. Are they going to make movies out of all the rides that don't have to do with movies yet? Is the Jungle Cruise next?

Overall... very fun.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

But the other actors are great too, I was especially impressed by Geoffrey Rush. And the make up artists did an awesome job with all that bad skin and teeth and hair for the pirates.

I hope they make a second part!
I thought it was light, fluffy, summer fun. The only thing that saved this movie from being wreched was that Depp came onto the set and insisted on doing his own interpretation. Captn. Sparrow is hillarious. Rush did OK for the script he was given but then again, perhaps a movie where he does little more than snarl a lot is a vacation from real acting for him. And what the heck was Jonathan Pryce doing here? Great stuff with what little influence he had on the movie.

I just don't get the Orlando Bloom as sex object thing (and it's not a sexual orientation thing either).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts